[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal
Date: 29 Oct 2004 22:47:09 +0200

>>>>> "Florian" == Florian Weimer <address@hidden> writes:

Florian> Tom proposed an elaborate scheme involving a hierarchy of
Florian> branches with constrained merging.

After reading the thread and Tom's document, I can't see how I'll be
able to:

  - have a branch in which I develop feature or bugfix X for TLA
  - have a branch in which I keep all my tla changes with the "tla" I
    use daily
  - merge X into my main branch for integration testing with my other
    changes and for daily use
  - merge TLA devo branch into my main branch to keep up-to-date with TLA
    development version and not pull my changes *again* if TLA devo
    branch doesn't keep patch logs coming from my X branch as
    --skip-present will not detect those

 Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam