Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: axp - a new command line tool

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: axp - a new command line tool
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:19:01 -0400

Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
This means read-only operations. ArchZoom is an example of a read-only
reporting tool. Some planned features will be available in both archzoom
and axp. It is quite easy when you have a library, you know.

Indeed. And I had the advantage of being able to start with an already-implemented one.

When [Fai] encounters an unregistered archive name, it automatically looks it up.

Yes, this is handy, but personally I like to register archives
explicitly, this avoids unexpected problems.

The default is to prompt you, and you can also configure Fai to always do it, or to never do it.

The registry functionality is available using Arch::Registry module that
is part of arch-perl. It has a nice API for any kinds of archive/version
regexp searches, and it has a support for internal web cache. The actual
"axp registry" subcommands are just several lines.

The way it should be.  I guess I should add a registry cache too.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology