[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:24:43 -0400

Matthieu Moy wrote:

AFAIK, Emacs doesn't have any way to use other languages other than
inter-process communication.

Anyway, this wouldn't solve the problem: For Xtla, I don't like the
idea of a useless multiple-layers approach (tla -> python library ->
other front-end),

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I was actually saying
python library -> xtla

That portion of the library doesn't use tla.

I think interesting features of arch should be
factored in tla or libarch (If Python supported Emacs lisp, would you
consider relying on Xtla for Fai features? :-\).

I'd certainly consider relying on a libarch implemented in Lisp, w

Not factoring
the code and the important features now means a lot of problems in the
future.

There's some truth to that, but PyArch and Pylon (my PyArch extras library) stand ready to use libtla whenever it's available, and their clients should be oblivious to the difference.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology