Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW POLICIES (draft)

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW POLICIES (draft)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Andrew Suffield <address@hidden>

    > On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 04:13:17PM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
    > > The question of how the voting system and group-maintained acceptance
    > > process fits in is interesting and I didn't write about that, but I
    > > think it is reasonably solvable.

    > As best I can determine: it doesn't. It's entirely independent.

I don't think so but we can chat about it on IRC sometime next week.

    > Only
    > the bug database itself is connected here; a vote-driven branch should
    > be regarded merely as a convinient source from which you can construct
    > the branches you described (convinience being inversely proportional
    > to the amount of stuff that passes without going through the
    > vote-driven branch, and that's intrinsic to the problem). It doesn't
    > actually appear anywhere in the stuff you covered.

Ideally, 3rd parties should be able to construct at least casual
contributions and ideally long-term contributions as described in the
standard, yet have those processed by the voting system.   It's the
path from entry to the voting system to inclusion in mainline that
needs some attention.