Re: [Gnu-arch-users] The name of this mailing list is misleading

From: Miles Bader
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 20:05:25 -0400

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 02:04:45PM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
> (The "help" list exists because it is supposed to by some GNU
> convention or other that I consider vestigial.   It has the property
> that non-subscribers can post, making it a terrible idea to subscribe
> to.

Why?  If you're worried about spam, other gnu lists with "open posting" (that
is, almost all of them) seem to have no spam to speak of.

It's amazingly infuriating as a user if you post a bug report or whatever,
and get back a "your message was rejected/held because you're not a
subscriber" (for gnu lists, these essentially seem the to be the same --
either the non-subcriber moderation mechanism is broken, or the moderators
[whoever they are] are slacking off something awful).

-Miles
--
/\ /\
(^.^)