Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How does arch/tla handle encodings?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How does arch/tla handle encodings?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:11:07 -0400

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 02:55:04PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >My gosh: programmers should really learn to use big windows and the
> >tiniest fonts they can read.   The more information you compress on
> >to the screen (or page) -- the better off you are.
>
> I prefer my columns of text to be no more than half the width of the
> screen.  I find them easier to read that way, but that's just preference.

I find that I still use 80(ish)-column windows, even on today's larger
screens, mostly because that lets me fit more windows on the screen, and
extra windows tends be more flexible than extra space at the right edge of
the each window (because the extra space often ends up being largely
blank...).  YMMV I suppose.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.