Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:53:18 -0400

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 01:14:32PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Even a competant mind, well trained in algebraic notation for many
> years, will find prefix notation a challenge to grok. That is my
> experience and judging from the comments, I don't think this is
> anything like uncommon.

I think their may be a significant number of people who _don't like_
prefix/lots-o-parens syntax, but it's so close to conventional syntax that I
find it very hard to believe there are many halfway-competent programmers who
just can't grok it.

It's pretty similar to python indentation-structing: many people argue over
whether it's attractive/readable/maintainable/etc, but it's not hard to
learn.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.