Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:53:32 -0500

Daniel Stone <address@hidden> writes:

> Because that doesn't account for any of the edits I've done in my build
> directory because I didn't really bother to hit up cp -al?

How are you doing out of tree builds?  Do you have something like:

  wd/                 -- working directory
    wd/foo            -- source tree for Foo 3.14
    wd/foo-build      -- directory where foo is built

where foo is either autotooled or uses package-framework?

What kind of edits are you making to your build directory that need to
be saved in arch that shouldn't instead be in your source directory?