Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:39:09 -0400

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:42:24PM -0700, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Why can't you do this?
>
> Because of the fact that I can't do so without either distcleaning or
> changing the tagging-method?

This is certainly not true.  It's perfectly possible, and indeed not very
hard, to make tla ignore all the build cruft and work just fine for
`build-in-source' trees -- for instance the emacs arch tree is this way.

It's no different than adding stuff to .cvsignore to make CVS stop
complaining about unknown files.

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I