Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:33:46 +0200

On Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at 7:27:06 PM,
    James Blackwell <address@hidden> wrote:

> s-exps suck, Suck, SUCK. I mean really SUCK.

Yeah, I agree on that it's cumbersome to type parentheses with a
standard qwerty or qwertz (or possibly some other) keymap.

With a dvorak keymap you can easily exchange the < and > (that are the
W and E keys in qwertyism) with ( and ), AFAICS. Hmm, I think I should
really start switching over to that.

> But the s-exps syntax I'd have to live with on a day to day basis.
> I don't want to have to live with that. Moreso, I do *NOT* want to
> have to teach just about everyone out there without the benefit of
> a comp sci background how to think if a different order than they're
> accustomed to.

Encourage them to try to come up with a better alternative that still
matches the premises.

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''