Re: [Gnu-arch-users] windows todo list? [Hey Tom]

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] windows todo list? [Hey Tom]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:38:59 -0400

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Is the path compression work, to make tla work on Windows, going
> to become part of tla mainline? If so, what's a rough timeline?

I'm hearing good things about the path compression work and like Tom, I
think its conceptually the right way to go. However, I haven't looked at
Lode's specific implementation yet.

There's two ways to go about Lode's work. Either as an add-on-hack
supposedly-local only fix, or as a full fledged changed-for-everyone
fix. Right now, Lode's code is doing the former, but I think it should
be the latter.

Assuming Lode's code is high quality, its basically waiting around until
there's a bunch of other archive-format changing code, so that we can do
them as a lump and change the archive version number.