[Gnu-arch-users] tla grab

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla grab
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:45:38 +0200

Hi. I'm currently figuring out how to setup a single-project archive
for a long term project of mine. I still have to make my mind up on
how i will handle releases---wether to use a tag branch or configs.
While tag branches appeal more to my cvs tainted heritage, I have the
gut feeling that configs are somehow more fitting for the task (any
opinions on that are very welcome).

But one thing that bugs me about configs is that they require
additional user effort (as opposed to a simple 'tla get' of a tagged
branch). So i was very happy to find 'tla grab', that would be the
perfect way to make source releases. I've seen looking the source code
that configs are supported, and made a couple of tests that seem to
confirm that. So i was happy until i heard in #arch than 'tla grab' is
broken (which would explain why i found so little info on it).

Does anybody know what is the status of this command? Any experiencies
using it? Use cases where it effectively fails?

Thanks a lot,
jao
--
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're
not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering. -Arthur C Clarke,