[Gnu-arch-users] Re: FEATURE PLANS: pruning instead of configs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: FEATURE PLANS: pruning instead of configs
Date: 26 May 2004 17:31:47 -0400

>       I do like the idea. Sending patches by email is a common task,
>       and it would even be superb if tla could pass proper message IDs
>       along so that *-patch-nnn would result in a proper thread:)

While I think that tla should be divided into a "core" and a "UI", I'm not
going to comment on that side of the question.
But regarding the `tla commit --announce' thingy, I think an important part
of sending a patch to a maintainer is not just the patch and its changelog,
but also a motivating explanation, so I'd like to see the

    The user should have the opportunity to edit the body
    of this email (perhaps via editting the log message)

expended a bit to provide more flexible ways to edit the text and to
recognize that a log message is different from a "motivating explanation".

        Stefan