Re: [glob2-devel] Todo List For Beta 4

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Todo List For Beta 4
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 15:33:58 +0200

> - Unit limit of 1024 removed from the game. I just played a game on a large
> map, and it was hard to reach the other side with only this amount!

Someone was working on this at some point, but I do not know the current
status.

> - Move the cpu meter to a new box called with /cpuinfo, make it bigger and
> add descriptions to indicate what the colors mean, and when red, what to
> do. - With the cpu bar gone, add text to those wierd numbers I never
> understand
>
> :P 300/300/1800, as well as to the +0/-0 bit.

I do not agree, those are very useful gameplay info that are always present
and thus adding a text would only loose space. But I agree they are not clear
and should be explained in the tutorial.

> - Faster and better path finding algorithms, particularly for 1wide
> passages. I personally don't care if its takes weeks of work and testing.
> With lots of units, on big maps, the game is unplayable on every system I
> own (one with 2gig ram and 3ghz cpu barely pushes through)

Our pathfinding algorithms are the state of the art; we cannot improve them in
general, although we might tweak them for 1 wide passages. Anyway I think
that maybe we should improve gameplay on smaller maps than working again on
pathfinding.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--