Re: [glob2-devel] server move to my server

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] server move to my server
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:33:47 +0200

> A lot of the things I listed in my previous email you cant find in
> webalizer.

for example ... (???)

> webalizer is great for managing bandwidth, but crap at collecting
> anonymous

anonymous to whom? only to you and me. ga only discloses a regional context
webalizer can find out, maybe not as fine grained, too.
awstats is better in many aspects and thus closer to ga. I just don't know it
so i will refere to webalizer that lacks info on how long people stay for
example.

> information for marketing purposes.

> And once its released, we'll be able to find out where people are coming
> from, which marketing worked the best (referrers, searching, or direct)
> etc.

You get the referer, too. Even with me removing IPs! click my link to webalizer
stats! it now is simply flooded by not filtering out globulation2.org as a
referer.

> It is useful. And I'd really like it to stay.

then please don't ignore this:
> > I asked for what exactly is it you really need from ga that webalizer
> does
> > not provide? what feature would i have to provide so i convince you to
> leave
> > ga?

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb that promised to not force his political believes upon others
but sees a tie on this point with the arguments clearly on his side.