[glob2-devel] Beta 3 Release Schedule, packages, translations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Beta 3 Release Schedule, packages, translations
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:07:25 -0400

We are in the very last stage of making the land-mark release Beta 3. The release date/time has been set!

We are releasing on Friday, April 11'th, 2008 at 12:00 pm UMT. We need to get all translations done, and all packagers need to be ready to package. This means updating package details in the respiratory itself, for example, updating the debian version number.

I've already contacted several major linux distributions on getting our package to as many computers as quickly as possible, and I've gotten a response from a few, such as Ubuntu, Fedora, and Debian, which will allow us to get the package in their respiratory's on release day, not to mention being able to get our package out there.

If your a translator, now is the time to start translating stuff. The game translations are frozen, there are lots of new keys, a few removed keys, but there are not going to be any more for Beta 3, guaranteed, so if you want to translate, now is the time to do it.

For packagers, we need to get the package details updated, like updating the debian version number, or getting the mandrake spec file, etc.

Its not a short deadline, its 5 days from now. I'm sure we can all find our part to make this the best Globulation 2 to date.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.