Re: [glob2-devel] Start Beta 2 Release Candidate phase?

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Start Beta 2 Release Candidate phase?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:54:53 +0100

Hi

In order to boost popularity now I'd love to announce a new release by friday so Stephane can use this at fosdem. so i would consider as critical at most features that have been removed since beta1. I'm not sure and have no beta1 compilable here but i guess all those mentioned here were present either before or at beta1 already.
things I would like to see still included before release:
- ability to use saved games with YOG, and autosave added back
- x and y lines labeled on the end game graphs, I'm looking at
attack at this second, and 201,790 (y coordinate) means squat to me
- when someone is loading a new map, it used to show % downloaded,
can that be added back?
please register this one at the bt.
- a timeout, ability to kick, or something for someone who is
lagging horribly. such as the game was waiting on genixpro because
of his connection dropping in and out for over a minute.
vital request as long as "autosave" is not back.
- a way to tell what map the game you are joining is using, even if
it's only text somewhere and not a picture.
- ability to use cmd+q on os x from anywhere in the game to quit.
Unlike alt+f4 in windows, cmd+q isn't forced onto applications on os
x. I posted the code for the command earlier, but don't know where
it needs to go to work globally.
Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb