[glob2-devel] Start Beta 2 Release Candidate phase?

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Start Beta 2 Release Candidate phase?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:06:23 -0500

The focus I was given for this release was mainly to release something more stable than beta 1 to the public. Given the time that I have had to work on the project, I have tracked down and fixed numerous bugs in the networking and other systems, and Its very close to a stable, less-crashing release.

With the networking, I've focused all of my power into stability. I don't want networking to crash or fail at all. Some of the GUI stuff is a bit unresponsive at the moment due to connection lag (I've moved allot of the management stuff to server end, I'm starting better gui feedback tomorrow for beta 2) And there aren't many of the requested new features, I think the consensus is to save those to Beta 3.

In light of the recent improvements to glob2 networking, I think that we should enter release candidate stage, so we can squeeze out any remaining crashes and bugs, release Beta 2, and then start doing new features for Beta 3. There are several inconsistent bugs plaguing me at the moment, as well as coding the GUI to be more responsive.

If we start release candidate, I'll merge in my network changes to default.

What do you all think.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.