Re: [glob2-devel] Updates to wiki / forums

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Updates to wiki / forums
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:01:20 +1300

Hey Kyle,

I thought you made a back up (you said it was 1gig in size). If something went wrong, I would have just backed up quickly.

Secondly, the differences between phpBB2/MW1.6 and phpBB3/MW1.11 are huge. Theme files are incompatible and ever precaution could have been taken but something would still have gone wrong. Thats what happens when you wait so long to update and hack it with who knows how many poorly written scripts!

I'll have to recreate both themes from scratch when I can, and I think having the upgrade is more important than a shiny theme (especially since 1.6 was really hackable! its a wonder no one ever thought to :P )

Anyway, I'll untar the backup you made into a new dir, and see if I can rescue the images (if they arn't there then something went wrong before even trying to upgrade!).

Regards
k776