Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:23:29 -0700

I'm starting to think that we should make these changes *after* Alpha
20. Looking at the code, I get an overwhelming sense that theres allot
of code worked arround UDP that would need to be changed. Anywho, I
hope either nct or nuage (whoever made the system) is able to come in
and help.

I discussed it with several people (not just glob2'ers), they all
agree TCP is the way to go. I don't understand why we chose UDP
sockets, there so much less safe.

At any rate all my sense seems to point to our choice of UDP sockets
indirectly causing this bug, and that a change to TCP would do only
good.
--
Start and finish, Bradley Arsenault