[glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:19:56 -0700

Since I have bundles of time on hand, I've been making numerous
changes in preperation of Alpha 20! I think we should launch Alpha 20
soon, there have been many changes from Alpha 19 (although most of
them not recorded). Before we release Alpha 20, theres a few things we
need to do (reply with more if you have them):

- Update translations - mentioned this already in another email
- Solve null checksum desync bug (very difficult bug to reproduce, so
its naturally hell to solve. Seems Its caused by one of the clients
not recieving an order containing the updated checksum before the tick
is at end, so the system compares the preset-to-0 checksum against
what it should be, aborting immeddiettly).

To solve the null checksum bug, I'm going to commit some checking code
tommorrow, and people can play net games like crazy untill they crash
with something like:

World desynchronisation at executeUStep 2100.
player  1 has a checkSum=0
player  0 has a checkSum=2c790b61

Reply with any other features/bug fixes you want before Alpha 20. No big things.