[glob2-devel] gameplay ideas

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: [glob2-devel] gameplay ideas
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:07:12 -0700

After playing with .15 lately, I've ran into a couple of things with
dizzz from #glob2 on irc.freenode.net that we thought should be changed
in game.

1. Although it rarely happens, being able to create 10 level4 schools
and win the game by prestige points is rather stupid, if that's the way
it really works. It should be done some other way.

2. level4 towers should be able to kill explorers if explorers can
attack ground, otherwise it's really unfair. It's a good strategy, but
the mere factor that the explorer attacks everything within a radius and
is hard to keep track of and kill makes the game rather lobsided once it
gets to that point.

3. my own idea, having the ability to make units commit suicide would be
nice. Sometimes I find I have too many workers towards the end of the
game with rather limited resources and don't want to waste them feeding
the uneeded guys.

4. food for thought, what about a seperate school for explorers to
upgrade their air speed?

I thought those three things could keep you guys busy. In the meantime,
great job on what you've done so far! It's coming along quite well :)
Kyle