Re: [glob2-devel] Developer's idea make everyone united...

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Developer's idea make everyone united...
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:20:42 -0500

On Monday 23 August 2004 17:17, Stephane Magnenat wrote:
> ...vs them.
>
> I'm very pleased to see a so coherent community.
>
> I sound like ironic but I'm not, I'm honesty happy that you have a view of
> what globulation is as a universe. I do not plan to kill this universe, so
> don't be afraid.

*wipes sweat off of brow*

> Speaking about universe, now that we have GUI screens that are redrawn all
> the time, we can imagine to put small animations or others stuff like that.
> I think it is time to give more life to this universe.
>
> Suggestiuons and concrete contributions welcome :-)

How about we have some alternative animations for the units?  What I am
thinking is to have a way of visually showing the happieness of the units.
Perhaps when they are happy, the do a cartwheel (or something else) every now
and then.  The more fruit you provide your globs, the more often they do the
cartwheels.  I think that this would make the idea of gathering fruit more
interesting, and make the game look more fun overall.

So, does anyone like the idea?  I can make the animations!

If people prefer to use the forum, I posted this idea here:

http://www.ysagoon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=844#844

MWM