Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:07:37 +0200

> oolkit : Initialized : Graphic Context created
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Toolkit : can't set screen to 1024x768 at 32 bpp
> Toolkit : Couldn't find matching GLX visual
> glob2: Sprite.cpp:35: Sprite::Surface::Surface(SDL_Surface*): Assertion
> `s' failed.
> Aborted
>

> I can't figure out how to enable glx :(

This is an X configuration problem. I do not know gentoo well. Do you have the
right driver (if recent ATI or nvidia) or DRI enabled (of older ATI) ? There
is lots of doc on the net about configuring GLX, perhaps you can find
something like an HOWTO for gentoo.

Anyway, you should be able to run in software mode using -t0 on the command
line.

Good luck,

Steph