Re: [Fsfe-uk] osc? who?

From: Philip Hands
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] osc? who?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:31:07 +0000

MJ Ray wrote:
On 2004-11-29 23:32:30 +0000 Graham Seaman <address@hidden> wrote:

On the other hand I just clickede that Turo technology is in there - maybe MJ is the power behind the throne ;-)

Actually, the turuloj wanted more information about the project and haven't sent in any paperwork as far as I know. I think we wanted to know who the other partners would be, what our liability would be and how direction would be decided. We got an answer on the direction when they announced an executive board including some people we usually disagree with. The list of members on the web site is interesting, but we wonder how many are really members.

Likewise, although I know and trust at least one of the board members, there's some of the others I have my doubts about.

Also, likewise, I've not had much to do with it other than asking them to use the term "Free Software" at least occasionally in their mailshots etc., which looking at the website they seem to have utterly ignored.

What with that and the drivel about "No need for licenses" my membership of OSC is something I'm clearly going to have to review, unless they get their act together reasonably quickly.

Cheers, Phil.