[Fsfe-uk] Re: Patented videoshop opens in Wales

From: Laura Creighton
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Patented videoshop opens in Wales
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:35:35 +0100

The argument that works for me:

1. all computer files are stored in some format on your disk.

2.  I have a lot of stocks.  Lots of people write up on the companies
I am invested in.  I do not have time to read these long reports,
financial year end reports and the like.  There are too many of them.
So I wrote a script that reads the reports in, and looks for
phrases that I am interested in.  this program reads ms word
files.  there is no way that stock analysts, who want to get
their studies read by people like me want me to have to have a
MS license to have to read their words.  From their point of
view, they are making words and giving or selling them to me
for my use.  even if they used MS word to write them.

Laura