Re: [ft-devel] Arial/Times ldot hinting

From: Nigel Tao
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Arial/Times ldot hinting
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:38:51 +1100

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Fixed now in git.  Please test, and thanks for the report!

Yes, the "ldot"s now look good. Thanks.

For the record, the other changes I've seen on my test suite (all font
versions are from Ubuntu 12.04's /usr/share/fonts/truetype) are:

Arial Bold at 11 ppem: glyph #16 "hyphen" shortens from 3 pixels to 2.

DejaVu Sans Oblique at 17 ppem: numerous (150-ish glyphs) shifts by
1/64th of a pixel.

Times New Roman at 13 ppem: glyph #1130 "Ohorn"'s width goes from 8
pixels to 9, and similarly for Ohorn's composites.

I don't think any of these are bugs. I'm just making notes.