freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI config/savegame dir change on Win32?

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI config/savegame dir change on Win32?
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 06:41:04 -0700

Alex,

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 12:13:33PM -0000, Alex Angas wrote:
> If we follow Microsoft's support lifecycle then we should forget about
> targeting for Windows 95, 98 and ME as they are no longer MS supported. I
> think it's still worth targeting Win98 for now as it is still out there to
> some extent and Win98 Second Edition was reasonable for a Windows OS.
> Unfortunately that also means supporting WinME which was released after it,
> and by most accounts was crap.

  Actually, my earlier reference was probably incorrect:  the
particular comment I received regarded something called `Windows
Mobile', which I mapped to `Windows ME', blindly assuming that this
was `Mobile Edition'.  Apparently, `Windows Mobile' is something
rather different, though-- I apologise fo the confusion!

  In any case, I switched the default savegame/config directory to
`FreeSCI' in one of my patches yesterday.  There still is no support
for command-line or `configure'-time parameterisation-- the latter,
while interesting, doesn't strike me as being important at this time,
whilst the former I've add to my config subsystem TODO list.

-- Christoph