freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] Re: FreeSCI config/savegame dir change on Win32?

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Re: FreeSCI config/savegame dir change on Win32?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:36:44 -0700

Hubert,

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 07:16:20PM +0100, Hubert Maier wrote:
> >   apparently `.freesci' is not a valid directory name on some versions
> > of WinME, or so I have been told.  Should we rename this directory on
> > Win32 platforms?  If so, what would a better name be on that platform?
> > `freesci'?  `FreeSCI'?
>
> How about making the subdir configurable?

  I have no issues with a `configure'-time choice.

> Let the user decide where to save games and from where to load the
> config...?

  I suppose a command-line parameter would also make sense.  Setting
this property in the configuration file would probably be less
helpful.

  The main issue then is what the defaults on the various platforms
should be.  ~/.freesci on UNIXish platforms makes the most sense, but
I'm not familiar enough with any other platforms to decide for them.

-- Christoph