Re: [fluid-dev] Another application using FluidSynth announced

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Another application using FluidSynth announced
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:32:14 +1000

OK thanks for correcting, Graham,

> So point 2 is false and point 3 is true if ONLY using the App Store...
> I can get the sourcecode, compile it myself in my OSX environment and
> connect and upload the app to 100 iOS devices...

Well we are assuming use of the App Store (jailbroken devices are like
normal operating systems). The fact that you can distribute to more
than yourself (up to 100 devices) does not change the basic fact that
you cannot distribute it. The LGPL does not merely grant you the right
to share the software with a few of your friends. It gives you the
right to distribute the software far and wide, to modify it, put it on
a public server, and let everybody use your new features.