Re: [fluid-dev] Another application using FluidSynth announced

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Another application using FluidSynth announced
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:18:47 +0200

On Wednesday 07 September 2011, David Henningsson wrote:
> We also don't know which version of FS they use (maybe 1.0.9, the last
> one not requiring glib?), so we don't even know who of us are copyright
> holders.

You may already know about my VMPK+FluidSynth project for Nokia N950 devices
[1]. I've decided now that this bundle will be statically linked with a FS
library derived from 1.0.9 instead of a newer release, partly because a bug in
recent releases that doesn't affect 1.0.9 [2], and partly to be more
comfortable regarding copyright issues. The dependency on glib/gthread is not a
big deal because the libs are included in the base MeeGo distribution.

As a preventive clarification: my project will be released under the terms of
the GPLv3.

[1]
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2011-08/msg00065.html
[2]