fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Brief update

From: Mark
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Brief update
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:02:22 -0400

Hi Lara and everyone

I would like to say something briefly about this.

It was my decision to make the general reply-to email address the mailing list address, and I did skim the link Peter sent. I disagree with some comments made in it based on more than a years experience on this list. I don't want to argue about it though and if people want it changed I will change it. Consider Peter's email a criticism of my abilities to
administer the project.

I admit that I hoped to promote discussion by making the reply-to address the list address. Perhaps this was a mistake. To this day, and I will regret saying this but I am _angry_ about his email, the worst emails to our list have largely been from Peter.

I feel that Lara had the best intentions and I thank her for taking the time to send the email and I will take her up on the offer. I think its good that other members know that we have access to some people who can help with the tax stuff. We have to be audited too
to maintain our non-profit status.

As I tell all new members - as far as I am concerned its an open collaboration - its not MY project - I want it to be OUR project.
Nobody can do this on their own, we have to work together.

A long time ago we had a problem on this list and off it - this resulted in me putting up a list etiquette page - its on the website
if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks Lara - we'll need a CAs help!

A note - some people still need assignments - I'll do that later tonight - sorry about the delay - snowed under here!

Cheers,

Mark