[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: invalid-function error when attempting to set p

From: Joseph Kiniry
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: invalid-function error when attempting to set planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:41:01 +0100

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am running the latest muse-planner.  I have recently migrated from
>> the old emacs-wiki-based planner and am quite happy so far.
>
>> When I set
>>   (setq planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag t)
>> I get the below Lisp error when saving any day entry.
>
>> This looks like a function-application-applied-to-macro type of
>> problem.  Note that with-planner-update-setup's body formal parameter
>> is nil.
>
> The problem could also be related to compilation. I haven't had the
> time to look at planner-muse yet, so this is just a guess, but it
> could well be that the (require 'planner), if such a line exists in
> the planner-muse planner-appt, should be wrapped in an
> `eval-and-compile' so that the macro gets properly expanded:
>
> (eval-and-compile
>   (require 'planner))
>
> Does that work? [I am sorry that I can't test it for myself at the
> moment].

Thanks for the suggestion Jim.

This small change does not help my particular situation.

I hope to allocate some time next week to catch up on all recent
planner/muse/emacs-wiki-related activities and I will give my install
a real workout and do some bug fixing and reporting.

Best,
Joe
--
Joseph Kiniry
School of Computer Science and Informatics