Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] invalid-function error when attempting to set p

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] invalid-function error when attempting to set planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:23:16 +0100

> I am running the latest muse-planner.  I have recently migrated from
> the old emacs-wiki-based planner and am quite happy so far.

> When I set
>   (setq planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag t)
> I get the below Lisp error when saving any day entry.

> This looks like a function-application-applied-to-macro type of
> problem.  Note that with-planner-update-setup's body formal parameter
> is nil.

The problem could also be related to compilation. I haven't had the
time to look at planner-muse yet, so this is just a guess, but it
could well be that the (require 'planner), if such a line exists in
the planner-muse planner-appt, should be wrapped in an
`eval-and-compile' so that the macro gets properly expanded:

(eval-and-compile
  (require 'planner))

Does that work? [I am sorry that I can't test it for myself at the
moment].

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway