[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: invalid-function error when attempting to set p

From: Joseph Kiniry
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: invalid-function error when attempting to set planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:08:39 +0100

Stefan Reichör <address@hidden> writes:

> Joseph Kiniry <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am running the latest muse-planner.  I have recently migrated
>> from the old emacs-wiki-based planner and am quite happy so far.
>
> It seems that many people are switching from emacs-wiki to
> muse-planner.
>
> Is there some step by step guide to do this transition?

I just defined a muse project that covered my old planner, following
the examples on the planner wiki pages.  E.g.,

(setq muse-project-alist
      '(("Planner" ("~/Sandboxes/Plans/"
                    :default "index"
                    :major-mode planner-mode
                    :visit-link planner-visit-link)
         (:base "html"
          :path "~/public_html/WebWiki"))
        ("Research" ("~/Sandboxes/Research"
                     :default "index")
         (:base "html"
          :path "~/public_html/ResearchWiki"))))

That is it.  I just gave it a whirl after that.  There are still some
kinks getting worked out, as near as I can tell, but things seem to
work pretty well.

Can someone please explain Sacha's recent announcement?

> I'm thrilled to announce that thanks to Yann Hodique's totally awesome
> backend code at address@hidden/planner--merge--1.0, we can
> merge planner-muse and planner-emacs-wiki! Yay!

> You can get it with

>    tla register-archive http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/arch
>    tla get address@hidden/planner--merge--1.0 planner

I am having trouble keeping track of all of these projects and
branches now.  Can we have a summary of projects, which ones are
currently in development and which are now deprecated?

> Back up your plans, customize planner-backend, and test away. Have
> fun! I've switched to using this myself (although still with
> emacs-wiki).

I ask half because of the above comment.  I did not realise it was
even possible to use muse and emacs-wiki simultaneously.

I am going to tag this new archive and have a look-see, of course, but
having a nice, concise summary somewhere would be nice.

Joe

P.S. I am *extremely* happy to be back using planner + muse +
emacs-wiki + remember.  I had tried to switch to fancier tools like
iCal, but, simply put, they are terrificly inferior to this tool
combo.
--
Joseph Kiniry
School of Computer Science and Informatics