Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] recurring tasks

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] recurring tasks
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:19:42 -0400

(resending this, because I don't think it made it through. problem with my mail
server)

David Ellis <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am just getting started with planner.el. I have been reading through the
> documentation at
> http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/doc/stable/planner/planner-el.html and read
> about cyclical tasks. I use a lot of recurring tasks in Outlook that happen
> monthly, or every other month etc. Can someone show me how to set up monthly
> or
> bi-monthly tasks using planner-cyclic?

Dave,

planner-cyclic I think uses the same syntax as the Emacs diary (someone please
correct me if I'm wrong here). I just suggested this addition to the manual in
a patch to Sacha:

  You can schedule tasks in a variety of ways. This module uses the
  same syntax for specifying when tasks will be scheduled as the Emacs
  diary uses for appointments and events. See *Note the GNU Emacs Manual:
  (emacs)Date Formats, and *Note the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual:
  (elisp)Sexp Diary Entries, for a full description of the possibilities.

Maybe when I have more time later, I can add some examples, but those refs
should help.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net