Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse (and mailing list) status update

From: Frederik Fouvry
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:11:18 +0200 (CEST)

,-- On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:19:45 -0500, Michael Olson wrote:

| This is a short summary of what will and will not go into Muse 3.02,
| along with an attempted explanation of my lack of response to several
| mailing list posts.
|
| ** What will not be addressed by 3.02
|
| These are fixes planned for *after* the 3.02 release.
|
|  - LaTeX tweaks: I don't know enough about this publishing format, and
|    that is causing a bit of thrashing around.

An alternative may be to define a LaTeX style to typeset muse
output.  This requires that you output the structure from Muse,
and have LaTeX take care of what it exactly looks like (just like
CSS in HTML).  E.g. for image-with-desc, \imageWithDesc{...} is
output, and the LaTeX class contains a definition like

\newcommand*{\imageWithDesc}[1]{\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{#1}}

That makes your work easier: all that needs to be done to add a
new command is to add it to the mapping, and add in a stub
definition (this makes LaTeX just ignore the command):

\newcommand*{\myNewMuseCommand}[1]{#1}

Other people can then take care of what it should look like when
printed.  I can send you a first version based on the current
mapping if you like.

[...]

|  - Link escaping ("#" to "%23"): I don't want to deal with this
|    problem yet.

There's a good chance that the url package (in more recent Emacs
versions only ?) has is needed.  [This is only meant as a pointer
for your future work - it doesn't want to imply you should do it
now.]

Frederik