[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: breadcrumbs?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: breadcrumbs?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:19:19 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> What I'm after is similar to what texinfo pages have at the top; a
> way to get to the main index and a way to get back whence I came
> (or, more accurately, so those using my wiki don't get lost :)

You can see the default footer for an incantation to get to
WikiIndex.html, or you can just link to it directly. As for the
way-to-get-back... Hmm. Back button? Magic Javascript? I don't know
how you can imbed that into a static page, although you can use
manually-maintained links to do this.

Hey, a script that goes through files updating next/previous links
would be fun. It'd remove the need for my server-side PHP hack. You'd
have to republish a few files whenever you create a new page, but
that's about it. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun