Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: small bug: blockquote

From: chris wallace
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: small bug: blockquote
Date: 26 Mar 2004 10:37:58 +0000

> 0.7-3.1 gets marked up as possibly a numbered list because it matches
> this regular expression:
>
>    ["^\\s-*\\(-\\|[0-9]+\\.\\)" 1 "\n\\1"]
>
> One way to avoid this behavior is to require a whitespace character
> immediately after the period by changing the elisp, or to fill your
> paragraph so that 0.7 does not start a line.
>
> I'll experiment with requiring whitespace after the period. In the
> meantime, carefully refill your paragraph, or delete the corresponding
> rule from emacs-wiki-publishing-markup with this elisp snippet:
>
>   (setq emacs-wiki-publishing-markup
>         (delq (assoc ["^\\s-*\\(-\\|[0-9]+\\.\\)" 1 "\n\\1"]
>                      emacs-wiki-publishing-markup)
>               emacs-wiki-publishing-markup))

This doesn't help.  Nor does playing around with whitespace in the above
regexp (via customize).  Perhaps it's because the same function
(emacs-wiki-markup-list-or-paragraph) deals with lists and blockquotes?
The resulting markup doesn't contain any list:

   The best known risk factor is the C677T polymorphism in MTHFR, which
   is quite common but is a risk factor in some populations (the
   knockout mouse does NOT have any NTD). Regarding this polymorphism -
   in Dutch studies the TT frequency is 8.4% (9.1% in meta analysis all
   international studies).  In NTD cases, 12.7% (17.4% average in
   trials), 15.7% in mothers and 10% in fathers. ORs are 1.5 [95% CI

0.7-3.1] for patients, 1.9 [1.1-3.3] in mothers and 1.1 [0.5-2.4] in
   fathers. in some other populations there is no association.
   Lots of the other gene based triad or case-control studies have
   looked at folate genes- for the not very good reason that folic acid
   prevents a proportion of NTD. so in term of known genes i cant
   really say a lot.

The line begining 0.7 doesn't get "enclosed" in <p> or anything else.
I'm sorry my lisp isn't good enough to propose a solution.  For now, I
can refill the paragraph.  But generally, a lot of my wiki files contain
quotes from various emails (I use them to document what I've done/am
doing for colleagues, and often don't view the html files myself).  And
a good many of these quotes will contain lines beginning with decimal
numbers, so it would be useful (for me) if fixed.  But not urgent.

Thanks for a wonderful package, Chris.