[emacs-wiki-discuss] How to use planner-diary.el ?

From: Guy Bencteux
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How to use planner-diary.el ?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:45:15 +0100

Hello,
I am quite puzzle about the use of planner-diary.el in connection with the
cal-desk-calendar.
I followed the instructions in the planner-diary.el file, and I had the
following lines to my .emacs.el (I give you all the lines concerning planner)
:
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/Projets/Temps/Emacs")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/Projets/Temps/Emacs/emacs-wiki")

(require 'planner)
(require 'planner-id)
(load "emacs-wiki")

(setq planner-carry-tasks-forward t)
(plan t)
(planner-calendar-insinuate)
(calendar)

(define-key mode-specific-map [?n] 'planner-goto-today)

(require 'remind)
(add-hook 'planner-mode-hook
  (lambda () (interactive)
    (make-local-hook 'after-save-hook)
    (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'remind-parse-planner t t)
    (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'remind-export-to-diary t t)))
(defun planner-goto-schedule ()
  (interactive)
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (unless (re-search-forward "^\\* Schedule\n\n" nil t)
    (re-search-forward "^\\* Notes")
    (beginning-of-line)
    (insert "* Schedule\n\n\n\n")
    (forward-line -2)))
(eval-after-load "planner"
  '(progn
     (define-key planner-mode-map [(control ?c) (control ?w)]
       'planner-goto-schedule)))

(load-library "cal-desk-calendar")
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'sort-diary-entries)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-schedule-display-desk-calendar t)
(require 'planner-diary)
(planner-diary-insinuate)
(setq planner-day-page-template
       "* Tasks\n\n\n* Schedule\n\n\n* Diary\n\n\n* Notes")
;; ==== end of .emacs.el

* cal-desk-calendar is OK  :
 when I hit "d" on a day in calendar, I have this type of output (I changed
some variables in cal-desk-calendar.el in order to have a day from 5 to 22) :
-----beginning of buffer
Monday, 29 March 2004
=====================
 5:00 | 06:30 Travail
  :30
 6:00
  :30
 7:00
  :30
 8:00
  :30
 9:00
  :30
10:00
  :30
11:00
  :30
12:00
  :30
13:00
  :30
14:00
  :30
15:00
  :30
16:00
  :30
17:00
  :30
18:00
  :30
19:00
  :30
20:00
  :30
21:00
  :30
----- end of buffer

My only question about cal-desk-calendar is :
is there a mean to have automatically this output in the style of what Travis
B. Hartwell proposed (by the way, I can not load his file :
http://www.travishartwell.net/planner-diary.el is not answering)

5:00 | Travail
  :30 | Travail
 6:00 | Travail
  :30 | Travail

from this line in ~/diary  :
%%(diary-block 29 3 2004 4 4 2004) 05:00 06:30 Travail

* Things are going much worse concerning the use of planner-diary :
  * when I try to enter a new task , I have the following message in the mini
buffer :
"Cannot insert diary, no diary section in this buffer."
the task is not created in the day page, but it is created in the plan page
(task id is not added).
I have the same message each time I open an existing day page.
  * if I open a new day page, say 2004.12.31, it creates a "diary" section, so
that I have 4 sections in my file : Tasks, Schedule, Diary, Notes
But when defining a task for that day, I have the following error message in
the minibuffer :
"Symbol's function definition is void: flet"
Once more, the task is created in the plan page, but not in the day page. Task
id is not added.

This error messages disappear if I comment out the following lines in
~/.emacs.el :
(require 'planner-diary)
(planner-diary-insinuate)
(setq planner-day-page-template
       "* Tasks\n\n\n* Schedule\n\n\n* Diary\n\n\n* Notes")

I think that I have misunderstood the explaination in planner-diary.el.
Can someone help me or indicate me an other documentation source ?

Thank you in advance
Guy Bencteux