Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation

From: Thomas Gehrlein
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:40:45 +0100

"Paul Lussier" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> In a message dated: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:09:52 EST
> Michael Alan Dorman said:
>
>>Planner is a toolset for organizing free-form interrelated information
>>that (intentionally) formats its data in such a way that it may use
>>emacs-wiki to publish that content.
>
> So, if you don't publish it, there's no need for emacs-wiki mode to
> be used with planner?

I never publish my planner Wiki.  Still, I find a Wiki a very convenient way to
organize information I want to collect.  For me it's simply a convenient way of
linking information.

I use my day plan pages as a kind of personal diary (comments about my day,
information I want to keep, stuff I find interesting ...).  I don't really need
a Wiki for that.  I also use them to view my diary entries (from calendar) and
my todos.  It's convenient for me to have all that in one file per day, but
it's not absolutely necessary.

I use ordinary plan pages for planning and documentation.  Mainly it's one page
per project, but some projects have several pages.

The best thing about planner is the way I can link all my information sources:
I can have a plan page with links to email messages I received, to BBDB
entries, to other files, URL etc.

Thomas