Re: Android port

From: Jonathan Kenyon
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:24:36 -0600

> One other issue I see is some keybinds throw a "C-x <text-conversion> is undefined"

This actually only applies to software keyboards, not hardware, so there must be some layer of translation happening from Android before it gets to emacs.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023, 11:51 AM Jonathan Kenyon <J.Kenyon@ordinarygizmos.com> wrote:
If I could chime in here. One other issue I see is some keybinds throw a "C-x <text-conversion> is undefined". Is this something other people are seeing? Specifically C-x  h and C-x o

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:40 AM Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> wrote:

> Il 21/02/2023 03:28 Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> ha scritto:
>

> Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> writes:
>
> > On GNU/Linux (Mint) I change the size of default (Monospace) font with
> >
> > (set-frame-font "Monospace-11" nil t)
> >
> > (setq default-frame-alist
> >       '(
> >         ;;(width . 120) ; character
> >         ;;(height . 54) ; lines
> >         ;;(left . (- 0)); pixel
> >         ;;(top  . (+ 0)); pixel
> >         ;;(left . 835); pixel
> >         ;;(top  .   0); pixel
> >         (font . "Monospace-11") ; font
> >         ))
> >
> > in the init.el file. How can I do the same with this android Emacs? I cannot establish the name of the font it is using...
>
> As the manual says, ``Droid Sans Mono''.

Thanks.

I tried the last binaries (emacs-30.0.50-21-arm64-v8a.apk) and copied almost the full .emacs.d I have on GNU/Linux (with the elpa/melpa packages etc.). The result almost works but there are the following issues:

- some "random" crash (3-4 in few hours)

- when in the init file I have:

   (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

  the device vibrates and in the minibuffer shows up: "Error while reading file system events: try again". So I commented that out

- when i click on the Options menu the minibuffer shows: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" and the menu does not open. The other menu (File, Edit etc open regularly)

- last but not least, the DELETE key on the keyboard does not work.

It seem you have don big step forward!