Re: Android port

From: Simon Pugnet
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:16:23 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

Jonathan Kenyon <J.Kenyon@ordinarygizmos.com> writes:

What keyboard are you using?

It happened with both Hacker's Keyboard and AnySoftKeyboard. I can't seem to coerce it into entering the debugger since it's not truly an
error.

I'll see about getting a trace.

No need, I will just disable text conversion while reading key
sequences.

Angelo, Simon, Jonathan: the Options menu and text conversion issues
should now be fixed on the branch.  I've uploaded a new prebuilt to
SourceForge as well, at the same URL as the old one.

Thanks for looking into this issue. I've just rebuilt and tested and I can see that the problem is now solved for key sequences such as "C-h f".

However I use Evil and I also have trouble with using h,j,k,l to move the point in Evil's normal state. For example I would expect "j" to move the point down by one line (using `evil-next-visual-line') however when I press "j" in the Android version then I can see that it instead does the following: -

<text-conversion> runs the command analyze-text-conversion (found in global map), which is an interactive byte-compiled Lisp function in 'simple.el'.

Disabling text conversion with `(set-text-conversion-style nil)' allows those keys to function as expected.

Thanks for testing.

You're welcome, happy to do so!

Kind regards,

--