Re: Make all tree-sitter modes optional

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Make all tree-sitter modes optional
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 10:26:00 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 06:45:13 +0100
> From: <tomas@tuxteam.de>
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 10:06:35PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > Well, I do.  And I explained this several times already in the past,
>
> I don't understand that. To me it feels like pushing people to bump
> into ts-modes whether they want or not.

These modes are completely optional, turned off by default.  Users
need to turn them on, in one of the described ways, for them to take
any effect.  None of the described ways of turning on the modes
happens automatically.  I'm bewildered how this can be regarded as
"pushing people to bump into" these modes.  Are you sure we are
talking about the same editor?