Re: Question about start-process and argument list

From: chad
Subject: Re: Question about start-process and argument list
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:34:35 -0500

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:23 PM Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:

Kind of sounds like I should be using `start-process-shell-command'
again! As I understand it, this is its main selling point.

Have you by chance looked at shell-quote-argument or split-string-shell-command?  It's been a while since I had to deal with this, but I recall the former being helpful then, and it looks like it may be meant to handle your situation.

Hope that helps,
~Chad