Re: Adding use-package to core

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Adding use-package to core
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 19:48:17 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com>
>> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,  John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org>,
>>  Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,  emacs-devel
>>  <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 13:58:59 +0530
>>
>> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>>
>> > At the very least there should be a note indicating that use-package is
>> > not being developed on GitHub any more, and that bug reports or patches
>> > should be sent to emacs-devel.
>>
>> Once use-package is in the core, I can send a PR to update README to
>> point to documentation on ELPA as well as instructions to send
>> patches/bug reports to emacs-devel.
>
> If use-package is in core, why should the link to its documentation
> point to ELPA and not to some place in core?

Either is fine, if I know what that link would be, I'll make PR with
that.

Once it is merged and ELPA starts tracking use-package from core,
we should probably ask John to mark the repo as archived on Github as an
added incentive to direct people to emacs-devel as well as prevent
people from creating new bugs/PRs on Github. Does that sound like a good
idea?