Re: Adding use-package to core

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Adding use-package to core
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:04:49 +0000

Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Once it is merged and ELPA starts tracking use-package from core,
>>> we should probably ask John to mark the repo as archived on Github as an
>>> added incentive to direct people to emacs-devel as well as prevent
>>> people from creating new bugs/PRs on Github. Does that sound like a good
>>> idea?
>>
>> Yes, I think so.
>
> This is thinking ahead, but we'll want to think about existing open
> issues and PRs before making repo archived.

This message has prompted me to check the open issues and PRs on GitHub,
and I was surprised to see that there are 103 open (!) issues.  Luckily
none of them appear to have the label "bug", but 32 contain the word
"error".  Skimming through the list, it appears most of these aren't
fatal, but it would be good to fix some of the issues before Emacs 29.1
is released.

Pull requests, on the other hand, seem manageable.  Currently there are
four open, two created today by Stefan Kangas, that are mainly
janitorial and I expect to be merged soon.  The others are small
features that could also be added.