Re: GStreamer xwidget

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GStreamer xwidget
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 09:23:37 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 13:07:31 +0800
>
> So is it OK if I install this?  Even if it doesn't do much ATM, it still
> lays down a lot of important groundwork, including the ability to have
> xwidgets that display directly to an X window without GTK.

If you (or someone else) intend to work on building more useful
features on this soon enough, I'd prefer not to install until you've
implemented those more useful features.  If you don't intend to work
on this soon, perhaps a feature branch is in order?  I'm not sure it's
a good idea to install infrastructure that doesn't have enough
functionality to be useful to Lisp programs.

Thanks.