Re: GStreamer xwidget

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GStreamer xwidget
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:18:44 -0500

  > Reading web pages that have embedded videos is quite common.

How _exactly_ does that relate to letting Emacs make GStreamer windows?
Please describe the scenario clearly and spell out the argument.
That way we can tell what conclusion really follows.

We should have this discussion now, _before_ installing any code for
GStreamer, because that's much easier than discussing it afterward.

The most important questions are these,

    Before deciding whether to install this, we need to understand clearly
    what jobs it can do.  What kinds of media does GStreamer stream?
    Which formats?  Does GStreamer implement DRM?  Is GStreamer 100% free
    ziyou software, with no exceptions?

because they will determine whether there is an important reason
to reject making Emacs work closely with GStreamer.