Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 11:28:44 -0800

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> writes:

> On 2020-11-03 19:10, Jean Louis wrote:
>> I use trash folder as to prevent some mistakes when deleting
>> stuff. This package should support the built-in features and not
>> deviate, though I do not know if it deviates in relation to trashing.
>
> It's designed not to deviate. You can look at the source code to see
> that it handles all cases.

But it seems to extend the functionality, right?

I don't know, but I don't think Emacs can currently:

 - restore trashed files to their original locations
 - empty the trash
 - view trash summary information

The only command I can find here is `move-file-to-trash'.

So why not add that stuff directly to Emacs?  It seems to me that it
would be useful.  Say we use the prefix `trash' to get: `trash-empty',
`trash-view-summary', `trash-restore' or something along those lines.